Friday, November 4, 2011

Laura & Adam: Key West Wedding

You know the old mantra about a monsoon on your wedding day? No? You don't? Me either. If there ever were though, and if it were true- I'd high tail it to India from June to September and seek out every wedding possible. Laura and Adam's very rainy wedding was, without a doubt, the most exciting and entertaining affair I've ever attended to date. I really cannot imagine having had more fun. It was held at the Southernmost Hotel in (usually very sunny) Key West, FL. It was my first time traveling to the Keys, but I know Laura's family has been traveling there for vacations since she was a child (and probably long before.) It's a place that holds great memories for her family and now her wedding can be added to the long list of hilarious stories they have to tell about their Key West adventures.

The ceremony site had been arranged in true tropical fashion- with tiki torches lining the rows of white chairs, under a palm or two, and beside the turquoise waters of the Florida keys.. Everyone waited on bated breath for the rain to subside, if only for just 20 minutes to have the ceremony, but it ended up doubling in strength. Ultimately, the staff at the Southernmost had to move the entire ceremony site into the already set-up white reception tent (insert applaud for such dedicated and hard-working staff, by the way- they were incredible.) Right as Laura's sister and maid of honor, Pamela was walking down the aisle, the altar frame blew over with a huge gust of wind and rain. In the photo (you'll know it when you see it,) I am being squashed by a potted palm on the left hand side. It was hilarious (and thank you to my lovely second shooter, Karlyn, for capturing it.) Laura kept her cool through it all and I stand in awe of her reserved humor. She laughed. The whole day. She was beautiful. She also makes me want to brush up on my "Dougie Fresh" dance. (Adam, I didn't get to see your "Dougie Fresh." I fully expect that to change in a week when I photograph your reception.)

Since they had a "destination wedding," Laura and Adam are having their official large reception next weekend in their hometown of Starke, FL so that all of their friends and family can celebrate with them. I love the idea. I'd give anything to be able to relive the first reception all over again. And relive it, I shall.

Laura and Adam- THANK YOU for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day as both a guest and your photographer. I doubt I know anyone more fun than you and your families and I'm so honored to have shared your wedding day (and weekend) with you.

The first dozen photos or so are from the cocktail hour the night prior to the wedding. I had fun watching the little cousins play with eachother.


























































































Venue: Southernmost at the Beach
Hair: Bella Salon in Key West Florida
Makeup: Emily Jean Bryant
Flowers: Jennifer at Flowers by Gilda
Bride's gown: Maggie Sottero
Groom's suit: Calvin Klein

1 comment:

  1. ♥ luv it! super cool wedding and beautiful pictures... all put soooooo nicely together!

    ReplyDelete