Monday, November 7, 2011

"It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home."

When I asked Ashley about the possibility of designing some holiday card templates, I KNEW she'd do a fantastic job. I was so giddy about it. I had been thinking of attempting to design them on my own (which may have been possible, given a large enough supply of chocolate and caffeine) but I knew I should stick to photography and leave the technical creativity to a pro. Enter Ashley Hazen. She's an artist and graphic designer and I've loved every bit of creative work I've seen from her. She and her fiancee, Stephen, are getting married in a little under two weeks, and her wedding will be photographed by the incredible Clayton Austin; a photographer I greatly admire. I had the opportunity to sneak in some pre-wedding Christmas photos for them at their new home, and I was so ecstatic to get another chance to photograph these two again (as I had shot their Save-the-Date photos a few months back- link is below.) Ashley suggested the idea of gingerbread house building- and I liked the metaphor to their impending marriage and new home. Constructing a house out of sugar and gumdrops seemed a perfect preface. I cannot wait to see them make it official in 12 short days!





Such seasoned pros. No one should be able to do this so naturally!
























To see Ashley and Stephen's sunrise engagement photos that I shot a few months ago, please visit here.

To see the holiday cards that Ashley designed for my holiday photo packages, visit here.



I'm wishing everyone a merciful Monday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment